Friday, August 20, 2010

Bible Study - Day One

JESUS IS ENOUGH!
Friday 20 August 2010
Bible Study - Day One



Holy Is the Lord God Almighty, awesome and worthy is He!
God knows us and it is His desire that we know Him.

Just after the Passover Feast and just before the arrest, the trials, the Crucifixion and the Resurrection:
John 17:1 – These things Jesus spoke; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Thy Son, that the Son may glorify Thee,
John 17:2 – even as Thou gavest Him authority over all mankind, that to all whom Thou hast given Him, He may give eternal life.
John 17:3 – “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ who Thou hast sent.” - Jesus definition of salvation.

At an earlier Passover time, after Jesus fed the multitude by the Sea of Galiliee or, as it was later called, Tiberias,
John 6:35 – Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
John 6:36 – “But I said to you, that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe.
John 6:37 – “All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
John 6:38 – “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
John 6:39 – “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
John 6:40 – “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.” – again, Jesus’ definition of salvation.

Then again, at the end of His earthly ministry, Jesus said,
John 17:4 – “I glorified Thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which Thou hast given Me to do.
John 17:5 – “And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father, with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.
John 17:6 – “I manifested Thy name to the men whom Thou gavest Me out of the world; Thine they were, and Thou gavest them to Me, and they have kept thy word.
John 17:20 – “I do not ask in behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word;
John 17:21 – that they may all be one; even as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that Thou didst send Me.”

So, how do we get to know God? We spend time with Him. We study Him. And that is what I would like to propose; in the Old Testament times a persons’ name said something about their character, so let’s start there, let’s study God’s character. I am sure He will not mind, in fact, I think He will welcome it! Maybe some of His character will rub off on us. Ha :)

Tomorrow we will start studying the names of God, but for now, please enjoy some worship, He inhabits the praises of His people!

I pray this is the song that gets stuck in your head today!

I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin



And if you would like to sing along click here:


In Jesus’ own words, He started it and He finished it!
Revelation 22:13 – “I am the alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Jesus is Enough!

5 comments:

  1. Its fitting this is your first blog post. Jesus is indeed the Alpha and Omega, He has been with us from the Beginning and will be to the End! I love your first blog post! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrie, This is a beautiful blog. I have not had time to read everything, but I will. I didn't know you could make blogs so attractive. I guess I'll have to take some lessons from you. Are you spending your time on your blog instead of your FB? Actually, I think this is a nicer presentation than what you could do on FB. Keep up the good work. I have some photos to process to my albums. But that'll have to wait till after dinner. It has been soooooo hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    Thank you so much for following my blog! I am spending my time here. Me, manuvering around the World Wide Web is like typing with one hand tied behind your back, very, very, slow. But, I am determined. I am very glad you like the presentation. I actually pushed some buttons and this came up and I thought, well, this will do. I did start on FB, but it was limiting, so I switched. Thank you for your encouragement! It is hot here too. God Bless You today, Connie!
    Love,
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't been over here for a while. I wondered if you were still blogging. Last one I saw was Aug. 26. Maybe I don't know how to maneuver around someone else's blog. Hope you don't give it up. It does take time though. Take care,
    Love
    Connie

    ReplyDelete